Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nationals

This past week was National Fine Arts Festival in Louisville, KY.  We had tons of fun and I think my sister and I both learned a lot.  A friend of ours was also able to come down for the week as well, lending help and support. 

Bright and early last Sunday morning our family piled in the car for the drive to Louisville.  We passed through four sates, journeying through a total of six states.

Monday morning we woke up and headed to the convention center.  The goal for the day was to register and find our rooms for presentation.  We also found a few horse statues in and around the convention center.  Then we headed back to the hotel and cooled off with a dip in the pool.


Tuesday was free, nobody had to be at the convention center, so the four of us headed to Elizabethtown to see one of Lincoln's boyhood homes.  Mrs. Autumn even paid for us to go out in a paddleboat. 


Wednesday was presentation day for both Miracle and I.  On everything we entered, even the things we did not have to be on-site for, both of us got Excellents. We ended the day with another dip in the pool. 


Thursday, Mrs. Autumn took Miracle and I to Squire Boone Caverns.  It was really cool.  My favorite formation was the "rock bat"... It is a completely natural formation about midway through the main tunnel.  

Friday was mostly uneventful ... And then on Saturday we came home!  

No comments: