Monday, March 4, 2013

Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman - Session One

Last night was session one of our bible study on Esther.  This week's scenario is It's tough being a woman in a world where beauty is a treatment.  When you really think about it, as Xerxes was searching for a new queen, he took the prettiest girls and then gave them intensive beauty treatments for a full year.  They weren't good enough as they were.  This is exactly what our society does to women these days.  We take the beautiful ones and they have to constantly use beauty treatments all the time.  Our society makes beauty something you do, not something you are.
Beth Moore shared some scriptures that really helped me gain perspective.
Colossians 2:10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;
Song of Solomon 7:10 ISV I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me. {I belong to Christ, and His desire is for me}

1 comment:

autumnesf said...

This has always been a mystery to me. I have some very good Christian friends (that are already very pretty) who won't even let their closest friends see them without makeup even at breakfast when we all stayed overnight together. I have never understood that -- especially since all of these ladies are blessed with beauty on the outside to begin with. I've always wondered what/who/how this type of a chain came to be in their lives.