Friday, January 13, 2012

Holiday Celebrations

Our family's New Years and Christmas celebrations have always been somewhat different.  I know every family has their own tradition, but I think ours is special.  Instead of having the rush and excitement of opening gifts on Christmas, we take that time to celebrate Jesus' birth, complete with birthday cake and presents.
This year, Butterfly baked and decorated the cake.  She is trying to start her own cake decorating business, and this gave her a chance to practice.  Our Christmas this year was busier than usual as we had church on Sunday, but I think it was just as enjoyable.  After church we came home and relaxed together.  This year's dinner was T-Bone steaks.  We always try for a really special dinner; after all, it is Christmas.  Of course, after dinner we had to clean up. That wasn't such a big deal since we all did it together.
On new years we woke up bright and early.  After breakfast Mom got us settled on the couch to open presents.  I think my favorite present this year was the Muppets hat and iPod gloves.  I have definitely used them a lot.  Mom created an awesome way to wrap Butterfly's presents.   She wrapped them each individually, and then created a triangular box from the three flattest and biggest presents.  Butterfly was so perplexed by the present that she couldn't even formulate a guess as to what it was.  Even if she had, Mom is so good at discouraging anything we guess that it wouldn't have mattered.
Overall, our family's holidays were totally enjoyable.  I enjoy the holidays because it always seems to bring our family closer together in so many ways.

1 comment:

autumnesf said...

Sure missed you guys this holiday season.