Sunday, December 16, 2012

NOT an Accident

Today, headed down highway 75 in GA at about 65 mph, I DID NOT get in an accident. What I did was over correct trying to avoid colliding with a semi attempting to switch lanes at the same time as me that didn't use a blinker.

What happened was I was trying to pass two people whom I no longer believe were slowpokes, but I did at the time. One of them was a semi. The semi started pulling into the middle lane from the right one as I was doing the same from the left. So I swerved back into the right lane and tried to slow down… which didn't exactly work. Instead, I sped up and started spinning and spinning and spinning. At some point we hit a bridge and that started us wobbling.

Thankfully we are all ok, nobody hit us and we didn't hit anything. I firmly believe that God saved us today and I have no desire to be any closer to a life threatening accident than I was today. Mom got us back on the road and pulled over so we could all calm down. And we are all safe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! So thankful you are all safe and for guardian angels protecting you all today! I know it is hard to see this now, but you will forever be a better driver because of what you went through today. We all make mistakes as drivers, and the value of what we learn from them is HUGE. James and I both experienced situations as young drivers where we lost control...it gives you a new sense of respect for driving! The challenge ahead of you is to not let fear overtake you, but to rest in God and drive again soon.
Ps. 27:5 NIV For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
Also in The Message
5 That’s the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.

autumnesf said...

ATlanta is crazy for even expeirenced drivers. Glad you are all safe. God is good.

Rita said...

I don't drive in Atlanta traffic so it is admirable to me that you do. We live and learn. Over time I have learned to let the other guy have the right of way and a lot of other things. Assume no one abides by the rules because most don't. Take care. So glad you are all ok. You are a good driver. Don't doubt yourself. Just take your time and keep up with traffic the best you can. Give yourself credit for all the times you make the right choice.