Friday, August 28, 2009

My Life

My life is hard right now. As stated here, my sister has a brain injury. This means she acts more like when she was eight, and Mom and I have to reteach her a lot of things. Sometimes, I wish that the accident had never happened, that me and Butterfly hadn't gone to the Splash Station that day. Or that I had been the injured one. But then I remember how she acted before the injury, and that helps a little bit. When I think how she will never get this time back and so won't have fourteen-year old memories, I am sad. And sometimes I wonder if my sister will ever get better. But, as stated here, Butterfly needs all of her brain cells to go where God is calling her. So then I think about God's promises. Promises like:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD;plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

So with that, I choose to dwell on HIS promises instead of the bad in my life. I choose to think about the good moments I have with my sister, and the fun things we are doing now. Not what could happen, but what is happening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should know that God is leading you through this time as well. He will use you in so many ways. He is shaping you for His purpose. From reading your blog, you have a sweet spirit and a big heart. I've also gotten my daughter, who is going on 8, to read your blogs. God will use this. I am praying for you.

autumnesf said...

You are actually fortunate to be learning some very big lessons at such a young age. I can't wait to see what God has in store for YOU. Your own story is already full of miracles and God's grace.