Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Playing Monopoly

Mom, Butterfly and I played Monopoly last night into today. Mom lost early on last night, so it was just me and Butterfly. In the end I won with over $17,000!

If nobody has a monopoly when all of the properties are bought, we work with whoever else has properties of that color group to put houses on them, buying as many as we can and want to, but we still have to keep them balanced as if only one player owned all of the properties. We do this so our game of Monopoly doesn't take us DAYS and DAYS to finish. Then if a player has to sell houses, they must ask the other players for permission to make the number of houses on the properties unbalanced.

When Butterfly and I told Mom that we were done, she jokingly asked, ''Does anyone want to play again?'' To her surprise, we said yes! Monopoly was really fun.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

My oldest son loves Monopoly. Sadly, I do not. That game really can take days and days. When I was growing up in Ohio, we had a really bad blizzard and Monopoly was one of the things we played to entertain ourselves. Thankfully, I live in the South now and don't have to worry about blizzards and Monopoly. :)